Wednesday, August 25, 2010

a lovely lounge

One of the first rooms I "officially" helped out on belongs to some of our favourite people - the Coe family. Their Little Guy #2 has a hilarious and almost obsessive attachment to our Little Man. It's so funny and I love it!

Anyway... So Adam and Nic had a pretty empty room and had just been given some $$ to fix it up, but didn't really know which direction to go in.. so I helped! The budget was limited, so I put my bargain hunting hat on, and off I went.

It all started with this mood board that I came up with after having my first chat with Nic.
They had already made an excellent eBay purchase of 2 chocolate brown lounges, so these gave me a great starting point. Ok, let's go on the tour!
Just a bit empty! But really, who could ask for a better place to start!
Great lounges right? I would like to think that this is the start of even more things to come for this room. When their budget allows there might be room for some more storage, but already, a big difference!
I really am a miracle worker - I was even able to disappear two little munchkins!
The three floral panels I made from a set of tea towels and the frames were old ones that Adam and Nic had that I sprayed white. The cushions were 2 for $15 from The Reject Shop (I lurrrrve that place!), the lamp base was $5 from a charity shop and the lamp shade was $8 on sale at Target. The rug was free from some friends (actually, from Pete and Lisa, whose gorgeous nursery - and not to mention new baby girl - you can see here).
Who doesn't love a good lamp/ entry table? (random Jess... random.) Anyway... The lamp table I found for $40 through Gumtree, but it was stained a yucky brown colour, so out came the white paint again! The mirror was a steal from Target - reduced from $90 to $30 (!!!), the lamp base was another charity shop find for $4 and the lamp shade, again from Target on sale at $8. (the camelia one of the boys brought home from their Nanna's place!)
The Coes had recently had some gorgeous photos taken by the very talented Hristina Piltz and Nic really wanted a way to show them off. I found the large frame at the Reject Shop for $30, and the other frames were again old ones the family already had that I sprayed white. I also had custom mats made to fit their pics. The white letters are from Lincraft and a few $ each.
So there it is! Hope you enjoyed the tour!
Oh! and here is that Little Guy #2 I was telling you about earlier. How could I not love that he loves my Little Man so much!

1 comment:

  1. yum yum yum x 100.

    how much is the reject shop one of my faves too?
    love the wall art - tea towels?...you rock! that is a TOTALLY fantastic idea Jess!
    love me a good hall table too (not so random for my brain either) and love that you painted it white. I have the same style stand and it is still that brown colour - maybe in need of a lick of white i think after seeing this one you altered.
    and that mirror from target - what? $30 are you kidding? it looks great!
    Well done again + thanks for more great ideas!
    Love Lus x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails