Monday, September 6, 2010

Lusi's Lush Spare Room

A great friend and fellow blogger has been busy (in amongst mothering and homeschooling 4 beautiful children - I am exhausted just THINKING about how she does it all!) turning their youngest's room into a spare room. I love Lusi's bargain finds and great ideas!
Here's the before and after. It was a very sweet nursery to begin with, featuring a black, white and purple theme, but now it has been transformed into a striking black, white and red themed spare room. I love the shelves on the far wall that hide away a lot of of homeschooling supplies - Lusi strung up some elastic between 2 3M hooks (I agree Lus, I think we should BOTH be paid to advertise them - I use them everywhere too!) and hung some sheer Ikea curtains over it.
Here's a bargain hunters rundown:
Canvas above bed: $10 from GoLo
Set of black frames: $15 
Cushions on bed: $30 total (!)
Corner shelf: 99¢ off ebay (!!!)
 Paper lanterns: $5 each.

And there are even more bargains and creative ideas to be found on her blog Eternity Matters.


1 comment:

  1. I feel slightly like a celeb seeing it profiled over here - lol!
    Thanks for the post Jess.
    Love to you mate :)
    Lus x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails