Tuesday, June 8, 2010

DIY change table



I've just finished helping some friends design a nursery for their new baby (due any day now - exciting!). They used a set of 4 drawers with a change mat on top for their first child (unfortunately I don't have a before photo), and wanted to use it again this time around. Dad had the complaint, however, that the drawers were quite tricky to open up when trying to change baby's nappy.

I had a look at it and suggested taking out the top 2 drawers, popping in a piece of wood as a shelf and adding some more easily accessible baskets. I sourced the baskets ($8 each - bargain!) and Dad had the job of removing the bits from the old drawers.

And here is the (almost) finished product:


All that's left to do is paint the interior of the empty space. Very cute and clever I think!

More pics of the nursery to follow in a week or so. Lots more budget friendly ideas to come!


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails